Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hey hey, blog-ay-ay..

Welp!

I didn't drastically lose ten pounds in two weeks, but I am doing decidedly better. Good choices are coming more easily. Having the house clean helps. I can't explain why, but it does. I'm more inclined to cook, maybe. Or eat here.

Today, Polly and I struck out at 7 for a 40 minute powerwalk in the wet air. I came home and sauteed some Idaho Gold potatoes in olive oil and scrambled eggs and put it all on whole wheat tortillas for breakfast. Coffee too, plus the requisite water.

Lunch was unexpected; my former boss took me out to Elaine's (Richard's restaurant) and I had the tortilla-crusted trout, one buttered roll, and some slices of watermelon and plum. And iced tea with lime. Yum.

Snack was a glass of 2% organic milk with Ovaltine. Super chocolatty, but it lasted me 'til well after six.

Dinner I just finished. I sauteed an entire zucchini, threw most of an old jar of Prego mushroom-y spaghetti sauce, and at the end threw in several huge handfuls of spinach to make the consistency really fibrous and yummy once it all boiled down. Ate that on top of whole wheat rotini, sprinkled some fresh Parmesan, and a plain slice of sprouted grain bread, toasted.

Right now after a few glasses of water, I'm enjoying a Diet Dr. Pepper (hey, it's been a little while since I've had one.. like since Monday, whoops) and thinking about the ice cream sandwich I have stashed away in the fridge for later.

I can't give up chocolate altogether. There's no point. I eat some version of it every day, but I think that's just The Way It Is. I was a little bad Monday - Tuesday, eating out twice (one time it was salad!) and frozen pizza (but Kashi!) and like an entire bag of edamame to myself on Tuesday.. And 1.5 glasses of wine. And two other drinks Monday. Whoops. Not willing to give that up altogether.

I feel better. I think my clothes are fitting somewhat okay. I went off of birth control pills —and onto condoms, which we are religious about, please note— and am interested to see what results that may yield in a month or two.

I think my baseline is getting better. Eventually I'd like to add more exercise, but just making sure I do SOMETHING 30 to 40 minutes three times a week is a nice change in consistency. I would like to run again.. It's just that I sort of hate running.. Hm!

No comments:

Post a Comment